2020 Flu Shot Clinic
Flu Shots are free for USU-benefited Employees and their Eligible Dependents. There are two dates to choose from with separate registration links for each location.
Registration is required to participate in the flu shot clinics and masks will be required for all ages 2 years and older. Bear River Health Department will be performing a temperature check and health screening prior to entering the clinics. If you are sick or not feeling well, please stay home and do not attend the Flu Shot Clinic.
Wednesday, September 30, 2020
9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Ballroom, Taggart Student Center
Logan Main Campus
(55 time slots available every 15 minutes)
Wednesday, October 7, 2020
12 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Auditorium, Bennett Laboratory Building
489 East 1650 North, North Logan, UT 84341
(45 time slots available every 15 minutes)
Flu Shot Clinic Checklist
- Register for an available time slot at one of the two Flu Shot Clinic locations
- Download, print, complete, and bring the Patient Information Sheet with you to your Clinic appointment for each registrant
- Download, print, complete, and bring the Flumist (LAIV) screening checklist with you to the Clinic if you want to receive the Flumist vaccine.
- You must register for yourself and ALL dependents receiving a flu shot at the Clinic
- Bring your Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) insurance card to the Flu Shot Clinic
- Masks will be required for all ages 2 years and older
Can't make it to a flu shot clinic?
If you are unable to make it to one of the annual on campus flu shot clinics you may receive free flu shots for you and your dependents at any pharmacy within the Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah network. When visiting a pharmacy be sure to show your Regence insurance card. View a list of Regence Preferred Network pharmacies.
For questions about registration, please call 435-797-0424.
CDC Influenza Vaccine Information
Flumist will be available* for 2020/2021 for healthy individuals aged 2 years to 49 years.
*We anticipate having Flumist available at both locations of our Flu Shot Clinic. If you would like to receive the Flumist vaccine, please complete the screening checklist in addition to the patient information form and bring them both with you to the Clinic.
All vaccines administered at the 2020 USU Flu Shot Clinic will be Quadrivalent.
High dose Flu vaccines will be available for adults 65 years and older.
For the 2020-2021 U.S. influenza season, CDC and its vaccines advisory committee (ACIP) recommend that providers use any licensed, age-appropriate influenza vaccine (Inactivated Influenza vaccines (IIV), Recombinant Influenza vaccine (RIV), or Live Attenuated Influenza vaccine (LAIV4) with no preference expressed for one vaccine over another. (LAIV4 is again a recommended option for people for whom it is otherwise appropriate.)